Monday, November 12, 2012

Homemade dog treats

Thursday nights are "mommy and me" nights in our house.
My husband is usually at a club meeting and it gives me some personal time with my little man.
He LOVES to help me bake, so this week we decided to make some treats for the pooch.
(God knows MY thighs don't need anymore treats this month)
I have had this reciped for quite sometime, but haven't made them in years.
I need to make them more often because my dog LOVES THEM.
 
Here is the recipe:
 

You Will Need:

  1. 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  2. 1 1/2 cups white flour
  3. 1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
  4. 1 cup water 
2 tablespoons oil

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Combine oil, and peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.

  • Roll out onto a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters (we prefer feet and dog bones)
  • Stick those babies in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (kind of depends on your oven)
  • Obviously most dogs love peanut butter, and the oil is great for their coat, I used Olive Oil, but you can use whatever kind you like.


 hydration is VERY important when making them :)
My son told me to hold up some dough and smile LOL
 

 MMMM Peanut Butter Yummies
 
I just LOVE the look on Starskys face, like,"you ARE going to give that to me.....RIGHT???!!!!"
 
He must have had about 6 of them by the time the night was finished lol.
 
Enjoy!
XOXOXO
Heather


1 comment:

his little lady said...

How adorable! Love this idea!!
xo TJ