Thursday, May 7, 2009

Relief, wishing I could get relief, and an early surprise?

Oh yeah BABY!!!!! 29 weeks and counting!

So here I am again back from another crazy week :)

Glucola
I had my glucose test on Tues, and honestly, I was expecting WAAAAYYY worse, some people make it sound so horrible! They gave it to me ice cold and it tasted just like orange soda, no joke! I could have picked up a 6 pack of that shit and downed it! I didn't pass out or get sick,but I did get a terrible case of the stupids afterwards, my brain just wouldn't function. I went home afterward and took a nice long nap.

The nurse called this morning and let me know that I had PASSED!!! WHOOHOOO! I asked her how close I was, and she said "well below abnormal" which was awesome! I am however low on iron, so now I have to take Iron supplements too. she asked me if I ever eat red meat, which I only do occasionally, she suggested at least once a week, and to eat lots of leafy greens like spinach. The husband is going to LOVE the red meat requirement lol.

The Kitty
I got word on Monday that the vegan lady is going to keep my kitty! She said he has settled right in, chases mice at night, and during the day sleeps on the only forbidden bed in the house, she also has noticed that he can indeed open doors, ( i sort of forgot to mention that to her) she loves him and thanked me for a great cat :) This has been SUCH a relief for me! and I love not getting attacked anymore. I honestly do not know what the hell got into him, but I am glad I found better surroundings for him. it really puts me at ease.

Big baby
when I had my monthly appt. after my test on Tues. I asked the doctor while she was measuring my belly, if I was measuring on time or not, because honestly I feel ahead, i can't explain it, I just do. And she said "actually yes, you are measuring 1 week and a half ahead." so I get to do another ultrasound on the 26th too see if he is actually a big baby, or if I am measuring big because I am carrying totally in front, or as she says it "your all belly and boobs". I cant wait to see the lil guy again, and this time my mom is going to come with me so that she can see him too!
It's funny, the more pregnant that I get,the more body parts I feel. Today I felt what has to be a butt up in my rib cage. Ever time I squeeze it a little, he kicks me. It's so cute. The bad part of all this, is that I am really starting to feel the pains, my sciatic nerve is on fire, and no amount of chiropractor work is helping. my feet swell daily now and hurt like hell by the end of the night, actually my whole body aches by the end of the night. not to mention the hot flashes!! Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night feeling like your in an oven!
But it is all just part of the joy :) and as much as I am ready for this to be over, I am on cloud nine mentally. and so very excited to meet our little man :)....or big man as fate may have it!

well I am off to put my feet up, I have a nice weekend of taking my mother and grandmother out to Lunch for Mothers day, and then off to a housewarming party at Julias! I need to rest!

3 comments:

Mrs Munster said...

Nice to hear ur kitty found a new home. Your belly is huge and so cute! I think I'm gonna end up with a massive wobbling body very soon. At 18 wks I feel so big. Good to hear that the glucose test wasn't bad. I've got that in 10 weeks and not looking forward it at all.

Miss Rascal said...

WOW! Mama's getting big! <3

Have you received the package yet?
If nothing have arrived by the middle of next week, let me know and I send you another one.

MICHELE29 said...

I MEASURED A WEEK AND A HALF OVER WHEN I WAS 29 WEEKS TOO!! IF THIS KEEPS UP AND YOUR BABY IS 8 TO 9 LBS VIA ULTRASOUND BEG HER FOR A C-SECTION! DONT GO THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH. MY CHILD ALMOST HAD SHOULDER DISTOCHIA! IF I DIDNT HAVE A C-SECTION AT LAST MINUTE OF 36 HOURS OF LABOR MY BABY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE. TALK TO HER ABOUT THIS. I WAS LUCKY AT SPLIT SECOND THEY DID A C'SECTION. HAVE HER CHECK THE WEIGHT AND MAKE SURE SHE KNOWS IF ITS ACCURATE, IF ITS 8 LBS TALK TO HER ABOUT THIS. PLEASE! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH! IAM NOT TRYING TO SCARE YA, I JUT WANT YOU TO KNOW THE TRUTH AND WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND THE LIL ONE. OXOXOXOXO~ CHELE~