Thursday, January 15, 2009

Doctors Appt. Update

Many people have asked how the last doctor appointment went, so I thought I would make a quick post about it, everything turned out great,I didn’t get to hear the heartbeat like I thought I would though, that I next time.We just discussed Quad Marker testing (testing the baby for birth defects) and my blood work which came back excellent (yay!) even my thyroid, was ok, which is good because last winter it was on the verge of being out of range. She also informed me that I may not be able to breast feed which may solve some of my issues I have been struggling with, sometimes I want to sometimes I don’t , well she asked if I was on any maintenance meds and I said yes, I am on Protonix for Acid Reflux, she said I wouldn’t be able to take that and breast feed, and as a matter of fact I wouldn’t be able to take any antacids, (Kristal does this sound right?) Well, me NOT taking it isn’t an option, my stomach would get so bad I would likely end up in the ER. So we will see, but it was good to have an excuse to hide behind. Even though I should not have to HAVE an excuse, people are terrorists when it comes to breast feeding, it’s damn near ridiculous to feel that attacked.

The good thing is my doctor is as cool as shit, (shes younger) and tells me to tell them all the bite me, if they don’t like it. Thank god for her!!

And we finally get to find out the sex in march!! WooHOOOOO!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have acid reflux problem after giving birth. So I don't know for sure.... But your doctor knows what she's talking about. I mean I would think you could take like tums but YOU need something much stronger and it would probably effect your breast milk. I know you have been tossing this around for sometime now... but still, sorry the decision is made for you. That's how it was when I had Josh... I didn't have a choice.
BIG HUGS!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristal! I love ya!