Thursday, July 10, 2008

Slowly pulling out of a funky mood, and dress shopping









I am sort of Melancholy today, work is getting to me, and the weather is so nice and I am stuck in here in the cold air conditioning and my grey toned cubicle, which happens to be the size of a sardine can :)

I also have someone on my mind. A few months ago I read in Glamour magazine an article of a girl named Andrea Coller and her relentless ass-kicking fight with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. It was a self wrote article of her very decidedly non Zen existence in the face of cancer, a songwriter, hairstylist, shop girl and all around cutie, who swilled vodka and tic-tacs as she spit in the face of death. She was cute and talented and she loved life, brazenly dealing with the cards life had dealt her.

I was in the drug store the other day waiting on my medication and decided to pick up the new issue of Glamour, inside to my horror was a huge page dedicated to her and her journey, she had passed away on April 30th. I felt a deep pain in my heart as if I new this girl, I really looked up to her devil may care attitude. She appeared vibrant and full of life in her article. And then she was gone. That was Monday and I have not been able to get her out of my mind, and I am not sure why. But please read her article when you get a chance here http://www.glamour.com/news/articles/2008/05/essay_winner and check out her music here http://www.andreacoller.com/


On the lighter side of today, Julia and I are going out tonight to search for a fabulous dress for my thirtieth b-day on the 26th. I am thinking something that pops! Color, bright color! What a fabulous way to ring in 30! I have a bit of a middle to hide so I am either looking for something retro or swingy and a lot sophisticated, possibly in pink or turquoise to compliment my blond locks. EEeep! I am so excited! I will let you know what I pick out! Here is one of my ideas below! I really love this shape but want a different color

The husband just called and said “instead of hotdogs tonight, you want to just go out to eat?” Ha! Like he even had to ask me twice!

1 comment:

Mrs Munster said...

All dresses look fabulous. Have you got big bday party coming? Hope you had a nice dinner out. It's so lovely when the significant other remembers to pamper :)