Friday, July 16, 2010

Speedbumps in life

I had a few other things that I wanted to write about, unfortunately life is sometimes more than fashion and happiness.


I got a call last night that my mom has contracted Hepatitis, they are not sure if it is a b or c, but we will know by Monday. This worries me greatly, my mothers immune system is compromised enough as it is, I am just hoping this doesn't push it all over the edge.




They aren't sure how she contracted it, they are quite stumped by it (they being doctors) but she is yellow from head to toe, nauseous, tired, weak, and if she starts throwing up, she needs to go to the emergency room.





Grandma and My Mother, at Clementines Tea House on Mothers Day 2009.

Mom and i as i was leaving my baby shower,(hence my largeness lol)





A little background on my mom. In the past four years she has had ( in order)



-a major car accident


-Nerve damage


-Breast Cancer


-Severe breathing problems


-Shingles


-A slipped disk


-and now Hepatitis



Do you see why I am worried?



The doctor said while not airborne contagious, he would rather she stay away from the baby, meaning she cannot come to Hudsons one year bash this weekend. This makes me very very sad, my dad will however be there, and I love my dad, but my mom not being there really sucks.



When she told me, I was in the garage wrapping Hudsons gifts, When I got off the phone with her, I lost it, and just sat on the floor and cried.



I was up until 1am drinking wine and talking to my husband about it,then dragged my ass into work this morning.My poor mother has been through an immense amount of suffering and it's not fair, not much in life is, but this time, the god REALLY pissed me off.



Not to mention she has been trying to help out my grand mother who had a stroke three weeks ago. Now she is so tired she can't even do that. I feel like two of the closest people in my life are slipping away little by little.


Luckily I have the greatest support network of friends in the world, my Friend Michele who also has a parent who is very ill, has offered to put my mother on her prayer necklace, which I appreciate whole heartily. I love my friends and I do not know where I would be without them.


I read a quote today here it is:




I will pull myself together for Hudsons party tomorrow, and I plan to have a good time. But int he back of my mind,worry will prevail.

1 comment:

Mrs Munster said...

I am so sorry to hear. Wishing lots of strength and happy thoughts.